TP Link CPE220 Setup
TP Link CPE220 Setup | This outdoor CPE Repeater has high-capacity and high-speed that provides maximum coverage for the coming years of Wi-Fi. You may have a better connected home experience and extend faster Wi-Fi to the farthest section of your home with fast connections up to 6Gbps. It’s simple to set up the TP-Link cpe220. The setup is user-friendly, but the functions are technically sound. Before you can set up your TP-Link cpe220, you don’t need to know a lot of technical lingo. However, before we begin, you must connect your TP-Link cpe extender to the adapter via an Ethernet wire and a computer.
Here’s how to setup TP Link CPE220 Extender
- To get started with Tp Link extender Setup, make sure your POE box is connected to power.
- Connect your extender to the POE box with an ethernet cable once you see the power on the POE box.
- Then connect the router’s other cable to the extender.
- Pick up any laptop or smartphone after plugging in the wire.
- And set up a Tp-Link extender network on your device.
- Now type tplinkrepeater.net into your browser.
- You’ve arrived at the Tp-Link CPE220 Setup page.
- Connect your extender to your main router by following the on-screen directions.
Features and Advantage of TP Link CPE220
- The TP-Link cpe220 is dedicated to covering and offering long-distance wireless connections. It features a 300Mbps outside speed. You may relax and enjoy your internet with such high speed over such a long distance.
- For attracting users, high-performance capability combined with user-friendly features is essential.
- The tp link cpe220 can handle repeaters, routers, client mode, WISP, and WDS mode, but other extenders can only support a limited number of wireless internet devices.
- It has a dual-polarised 12dBi 2*2 directional MIMO antenna built in. This makes the position available to various users.
- Its technique can optimise wireless transmission across a distance of more than 13 kilometres.
- System of Centralised Management
- It has a power transmission that can be adjusted. By using 1000mw, you may go from 0 to 30dBm.
- It’s passive PoEAdapter allows for a Power over Ethernet deployment of up to 60 metres. As a result, the gadget can be reset remotely.
TP Link CPE220 extender Setup
You must first complete the hardware installation of the adapter before you can update and personalise your TP-Link CPE220 extender setup. Pay heed to the following hardware installation instructions:
- Connect the power outlet to the TP-Link CPE220 PoE box.
- Once you observe the outdoor extender’s power led light.
- Using an Ethernet RJ45 cable, connect the PoE port to the router’s LAN port.
- Connect the Ethernet RJ45 wire to the TP Link CPE220 LAN port.
- After you properly connected tthe cables.
- Start your wireless device and open any web browser.
- And type tplinkrepeater.net or 192.168.0.254 into the address bar.
- It will now take you to your TP Link Extender setup page.
- Go to the wireless wizard option on the web management page after logging in.
- Select “Router” as the mode.
- For your extender, create a WIFI name, security mode, and password.
- Wait for the settings to take effect after clicking “Next.”
- Your extender has been successfully configured.
Steps to Install TP Link CPE220 extender
- Log in again if you’ve logged out and go for the TP Link CPE220 setup section.
- Now, you have to click on the repeater mode.
- You can change the IP address or leave it the same.
- The next step is to modify your extender’s SSID.
- Change the password for your wifi network as well.
- The “status” page will then display all of the changes done. If you are not satisfied with anything at this point,
- You can make modifications before moving on to the next step.
- Select “finish.” Wait for the changes to be saved and processed.
TP-LINK CPE220 Extender Reset Instructions
If your CPE220 extender is not functioning properly, dropping connections, or not responding, you should first do a router reset to determine if the issues remain. Other reasons to reset your router include forgetting the password or misconfiguration and no longer being able to access it. The following method can be used to reset your TP-LINK CPE220:
Using the internet interface
- Open a web browser and go to the router’s web interface (check default settings below)
- Look for System tools in the menu and then Factory defaults under that.
- To perform the reset, go to the Factory defaults page and select the Restore button.
Using WPS button
- Make sure the device is turned on.
- With a paperclip or other sharp item, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the reset button as soon as the led begins to blink, and wait for the extender to reboot.
How to Update TP Link CPE220 extender firmware?
The firmware upgrade for your Tp-link CPE equipment will correct the previous bugs and improve the device’s performance. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- To begin, go to the TP Link support site.
- To find the advanced firmware version for your CPE, type its model number into the search form.
- Then you must download and store the most recent version of TP-Link CPE220 firmware to your computer.
- Now open a browser and type the tp link CPE’s default IP address, 192.168.0.254, into the address field.
- Then, on the TP-Link CPE220 setup page, enter the admin name and password.
- Check the Firmware version to see if the firmware is current or old.
- Now go into System settings and look for the Firmware Update option.
- After that, select Upload to begin the TP-Link CPE220 firmware update.
- The CPE220 gadget will then reboot on its own. To complete the firmware upgrade process, click Finish.
Contact our technical team if you have any problems updating the firmware on your tp link device. Call our toll-free number to learn more about the TP Link CPE220 extender setup.